Tallship Adventures - Derwent Hunter Eco Day Sailing & Snorkelling
Sail to two premier reef destinations & discover an under water world of coral reefs, fish & turtles with our Eco Guides Get involved, help sail a tallship. Morning tea/lunch/afternoon snacks provided. All snorkeling gear included.
$175 ADULTSBuilt in 1946 in Tasmania, the Derwent Hunter is one of Australias most remarkable vessels with a lengthy and interesting history. Guests on board get a true hands on experience and the opportunity to help sail this majestic vessel. Our experienced Accredited Eco Guides provide information about the history of the ship, sailing skills and the local Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef, along with the marine life you are likely to encounter on your trip.
- Visit 2 premier reef destinations on the northern Whitsunday islands for small group snorkeling
- Opportunity to see a myriad of tropical fish, corals and our resident turtles
- MultiAward winning eco tour, family business for 27 years
- Learn from our Eco accredited guides and marine biologists
- Enjoy a guided walk to the coral cay on Langford Island (tide dependent)
- Private moorings guarantee destinations
- Perfect for guests of all ages
- On board licenced bar for a chilled beer or wine while sailing home
Multi Award Winning Tall ship sailing experience
- All inclusive morning tea, lunch and afternoon snacks freshly made and catered for locally
- Tea/coffee/Milo/tap water/cordial
- Snorkeling equipment and snorkel suits
- Bus transfers too and from local accomodation
Terms and Conditions: Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to departure will result in 100%cancellation fee, cancellations less than 48 hours will incur up to 25% cancellation fee. In the interest of passenger safety departures, itineraries and activities are subject to sea and weather condition. Should the company be forced to cancel or alter cruises our liability is limited to offering an alternative itinerary, alternate day of travel or appropriate refund no greater than the fare paid. Guests should note that Adventure Travel includes risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard guests, the company shall not be held responsible for any property loss or damage and/or any claim resulting from personal injury or death whilst travelling with the company. At certain times of the year jellyfish inhabit these waters and guests should take care for their own safety and enter the water at their own risk. To minimise this risk guests will be provided with full length protective “stinger suits” to wear whilst swimming and snorkelling during the cruise. No prior experience is required to partake in the cruise, although general good health, swimming ability and positive attitude are essential. We recommend that guests take out travel insurance. *Tours require a minimum of 10 guests to run. Prices valid to 31 March 2019.